2016 Annual Meeting
NOTICE OF PROPOSED BYLAW CHANGES, MEETING TO VOTE ON CHANGES, & ELECTION OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Strawberry Hill Foundation, Inc. will hold a Membership Meeting on Thursday, August 11, 6:30pm at the Preserve (1537 Mount Hope Rd, Fairfield, PA). During this meeting, the Board of Directors will present its recommendations for proposed changes to Strawberry Hill Foundation’s bylaws, and the 2016 Slate of Directors will be confirmed. Members present at the meeting or by absentee ballot (see below) will vote on the proposed changes.
6:30pm: Business Meeting: Updates on Strawberry Hill’s operational status, Election of Board Members, & By-law Amendments. Click to view:
7:00pm: Panel Discussion: Presenters from The Conservation Fund, Michaux State Forest, and Strawberry Hill’s Board of Directors will provide information at the annual meeting on their efforts to guarantee the long-term protection of the watershed and ensure the educational center remains.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A STRAWBERRY HILL BOARD MEMBER
1. Be familiar with the purpose, functions, bylaws, and activities of Strawberry Hill.
2. Commitment to full participation as a board member for a three-year term.
3. Attend monthly board meetings. Excused absence with prior notice is acceptable. Missing three consecutive meetings per year is not enough to be actively involved and informed.
4. Support Strawberry Hill activities, special events and programs via physical presence, financial contribution or by providing direct access to needed resources i.e. professional services, volunteers, equipment, supplies, etc.
5. Actively cultivate new members through family, friends, professional and social contacts.
6. Serve on at least one Strawberry Hill committee.
7. Be actively involved in both public and private fund raising efforts.
8. Represent Strawberry Hill in a positive, professional and knowledgeable manner.
9. Share professional knowledge and skills with Strawberry Hill board members and staff.
10. Provide guidance and support to Strawberry Hill staff.
11. BE A MEMBER of Strawberry Hill and keep membership current!
Members who are unable to attend the August 11 meeting but who wish to vote on the proposed bylaw changes may do so by absentee ballot. The following link is provided for voting purposes. Members must fill in name and be current with membership for vote to count. Only one vote per member. Votes must be cast by 6:30 pm on August 11.