Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve
1537 Mount Hope Road
Fairfield, PA 17320
Strawberry Hill Nature Center & Preserve is open to the public every day all year without fee for day use. Trails are open from dawn to dusk. We welcome hikers, walkers, families, school children, teachers, photographers, birders, butterfly-chasers, and nature lovers. We invite you to participate in activities that celebrate the outdoors, such as our education programs, hiking, and bird watching. For your own safety, please stay on the trails at all times.
While on our preserves, please respect the land and wildlife at all times. If you get any great photographs, please consider sharing your images with us. If we publish them in our newsletter or other publications, we’ll give you credit and thanks for helping to safeguard South Mountain’s natural heritage.
We hope that you will enjoy Strawberry Hill Nature Center & Preserve now and in the years to come.
What You Can Do
The following activities are permitted:
- Nature Study
- Photography (We are always looking for great shots of the preserve!)
- Fishing (members only)
- Parking in permitted areas
- Respecting our neighbors
- Staying on Trails to protect sensitive plants and wildlife
- Removing all trash and leaving the preserve cleaner than you found it
What You Should Bring
- Field guides (to plants and animals)
- Insect repellent
- Rain gear
- Snack (fruit or trail mix)
What You Cannot Do
The following activities are not permitted:
- Driving an ATV or off-road vehicle
- Cooking or camp fires
- Horseback riding
- Picking flowers, berries, nuts or mushrooms
- Removing any part of the natural landscape
- Consume Alcoholic beverages
- Disruptive, unruly behavior
- Use portable toilets for disposal of garbage
- Leaving Pets off of their leash
- Wear comfortable footwear suitable for hiking, but please do not wear heavy boots with cleats – these damage the trails.
- To protect yourself from ticks, poison ivy or poison sumac, wear long pants – and tuck them into your socks. Guard against Lyme disease by wearing light-colored clothes and checking yourself for ticks.
- No matter which season of the year it is, each person in your party should bring a full water bottle. Dehydration is a serious risk at any time of the year.