Race Day Timeline
Race location: Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve, Fairfield, PA
Date: November 12th, 2016
Awards: Eight award categories from toms to hens, and poults to just old.
Getting Here -
If you are traveling to Twisted Turkey from points north & east (Gettysburg, Hanover, Carlisle, and beyond), please note that PA 116 (Fairfield Road) near the Preserve is closed due to a bridge project. Travel from Fairfield, PA and south should not be impacted by this detour.
Traveling west on 116 from Gettysburg, the official detour is a right onto Knoxlyn-Orrtanna Road for approx. 4 miles, then left onto Orrtanna Road. Orrtanna Road becomes Carrolls Tract Road after about 1 mile, then follow for an additional 3 miles until a right turn onto Mount Hope Road. Strawberry Hill is 3 miles in on Mount Hope Road – look out for the Pink Log Cabin!
If you choose to bypass the official detour and use Cold Springs Road to navigate around the closed bridge instead, please use caution. This is a narrow, winding road with two single-lane areas.
5k, 10k, and 15k races will be chipped timed by PaRunners. 10k Powerwalk will be clocked.
Packet (bib & runner’s swag) pick-up will begin November 11th at Gettysburg College from 8:30am-6:00pm.
Race day packet pick-up will be moved to Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve.
- 7:30am Check-in begins for all racers
- 8:40am Power walker briefing
- 9:00am Power walkers begin 10k course
- 9:00am Walk-Ins must register by this time to ensure chip is active
- 9:30am Check-in closes
- 9:35am Course briefing will begin promptly
- 9:50am Racers to the start lines
- 9:58am Racers move onto the road & traffic stops
- 10:00am Racers begin 5k/10k/15k course
- 12:15pm Awards, raffle, and recovery with beer and food.